Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Group"

Turns out group was good. I was the only mom there for the group I was supposed to go to but I ended up in the "after care support group" because they were the only ones there. It's all good, though, as it was just a really good experience. I was able to share what I've been going through, just how hectic my life is and how my husband has been mostly unsupportive through a lot of what I'm going through (though he wasn't opposed to me going to the group so that's good). I had few sympathetic ears and everyone was just really nice. We actually laughed and smiled and I am just so amazed at how easy it was to just open up to these strangers and share what I'm feeling and thinking. It was good. I came home feeling refreshed - something I haven't felt in a long time. I'm definitely going again next week and will for however long I feel the need. Maybe once I get through my own PPD I'll stay on to help others as well. I think that would be good. But, as I said, I must first get through my own rough patch here and learn to be a healthy person before I can even think about trying to help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment